You know video is the way to go, and that’s great, but we all know that getting buy-in from your boss is a big step on your way to video success. So how do you convince your boss of video? Try these video marketing facts! They won’t just convince your superior, they’ll remind you why you thought video was such a great idea in the first place. ;)
- By 2020, 80% of all Internet traffic will consist of video, so if you want to communicate with your leads and customers in the future you better get crackin’ on that video marketing strategy.
- A picture is worth a thousand words, that’s the old adage. So video should be priceless, don’t you agree? As it turns out, one video is worth 1.8 million words. That’s a lot of very efficient talking!
- 96% of B2B organizations use video in some capacity, 73% of them report that it has a positive impact on their ROI. If you’re among the small group of marketers who isn’t seeing results, give us a call, we’ll set you straight ;)
- The average user spends 105% more time on a website if it has video. If you want to help customers, you have to find a way to grab their attention first.
- 72% of advertisers are moving funds out of TV in an effort to increase their digital video marketing spending. 72 percent! That’s not a fad, get moving!
- Professionally produced video optimized for ecommerce outperforms user-generated video by 30%, so keep your user-generated content for authenticity, but provide your own video to pack a punch.
- Animated explainer videos increase conversion rates by 20%. We’re just saying!
- Including a video in your introductory e-mails to subscribers causes a 75% drop in opt-outs. Build a connection that lasts a customer life cycle time!
- 62% of consumers are more likely to have a negative perception of a brand that published a poor quality video. So do it hard and do it well.
- Companies that use video in their marketing strategy grow 49% faster year-over-year than companies who don’t. If that doesn’t sway you, we don’t know what will.
Sources in order of appearance: Cisco, Forrester, ReelSEO, Brightcove, IAB, Comscore, Unbounce, Eloqua, Brightcove, Aberdeen