Charity and non-profits often have the most compelling stories to share with the world! Whether it's making the world a better place for humankind, or saving lives, the success of their initiatives depends largely on spreading their messages successfully. Since we believe NGO's can benefit from video just as much as the next business, last year we decided to give away free videos to NGOs who applied - with video of course! - explaining why they needed video marketing in their organization. The responses were heartwarming and super creative!
Take a look at how Cunina got our attention with their video application:
The recipe for a great NGO video includes content that is:
- Creative: a video is a great opportunity to show off your team's creative flair.
- Compelling: NGOs naturally have interesting stories, don't be afraid to use yours!
- Relatable: explain why people should care enough about your cause to take action.
- Genuine: don't shy away from emotional or tough topics, stay true to your mission.
Here's a look at how video brought our NGO video winner's messages to life as they tackle social and political issues around the globe!
1. Apopo: An NGO that trains big African rats to detect landmines and tuberculosis using their amazing sense of smell 🐀
2. AZV: Medics Without Vacation wanted to raise awareness about the need for adequate biomedical equipment of decent quality in African hospitals. 👩🏻⚕️👨🏻⚕️
3. Ashoka: A global organization that identifies and invests in leading social entrepreneurs. 🌎
4. Cunina: They give underprivileged children a future across the world through personal school sponsorships. 👩👩👦👦
5. Plan International: A Belgian NGO working in 71 countries across the world, in Africa, the Americas, and Asia to advance children’s rights and equality for girls.
5. MasterPeace: A Mexican grassroots peace movement that aims to inspire everybody to work for peace and togetherness. This video encourages new peacemakers to apply! 🇲🇽
Does your non-profit need video to do better work out in the world? 🌎