Facebook Live is a smart way to out-smart Facebook. 😉
Maybe you've already noticed, but your page's organic reach has fallen lower and lower in the past months. It's a frustrating guessing game at times, but now brands are keeping up with the algorithm's evolution. The good news is that with livestreaming we know high organic reach is at our finger tips.
Live streaming is a super cost-effective marketing tool.
The great thing about live is that your video production doesn't have to break the bank. This is especially good news for small businesses with limited resources. With just an iPhone and a purpose in mind, your can promote awareness around your business. (If you're willing to invest some money into live, the new Mevo camera is a great new gadget.)
Facebook is home to the largest active digital audience in the world.
Someone once said that businesses should have a 'Facebook first, not Facebook only' social media approach. This rings true because Facebook captures the largest social audience on the web. So, go where the people are! If you've worked hard to grow and nuture your following, interact with them!
Facebook Live is still breaking through.
Only launched in April 2016, brands (especially B2B) aren't going full force with Facebook Live just yet. This presents the perfect chance to set business apart from other competitors and go for it.
We know live works wonders, but what content works for businesses to broadcast in real-time? It's simple. Live video should be authentic and focus on ways to create natural engagement with your viewer. Take a deep breath and don't get overwhelmed by the idea of live!
Here are 5 ideas and tips to get into engagement heaven:
1. Behind the scenes: Pull the curtain back and reward your followers with a sneak peak. Give your audience access to a side of your company they wouldn't see on your more normal, polished posts. There's several ways to do this. Think product previews, a day in the life at the office, you name it, the options are endless.
2. AMA/Q&A: Do you get recurring questions? Take the time to address them in a Q&A session. Have industy expertise you'd like to show off? Have an AMA and invite other creators or industry experts to join the conversation. It'll keep things interesting while educating potential clients and customers.
3. Events: Going to a cool event soon? Live-streaming the event is a great way to bring along those who couldn't make it for one reason or another. Keynote speakers, seminars, etc; are all great things to capture.
4. Challenges, competitions, giveaways. 🎉Get your followers in on the action with an attractive incentive. Maybe a product discount or special edition item? It will boost interaction with comments, shares, and likes, and it's a easy way to reward loyal fans and keep them coming back for the next stream.
5. Reward your loyal followers! We decided to reward our loyal Facebook fans by going live. To celebrate our 7,000th follower, our illustrators took doodle requests as comments rolled in. Although we had some technoligical glitches along the way, it was a great way to get comfortalbe with live and showcase our company's creative talent.
That's just the tip of the iceberg for the hottest thing in Facebook video right now. In part two of this post, we'll cover live best practices to create your own successful, low effort, low cost live production. Facebook video is a digital force that all companies should be harnessing ASAP.